Terms and conditions
The WASH-FM Rewards (the "Service"), operated by Triton Loyalty, and WASH-FM (together, Triton Loyalty and WASH-FM are referred to as "we", "us" or "our") is provided to you ("you," "your" or "User") under the following terms and conditions, including any amendments thereto and any additional terms and conditions, rules or policies that may be applicable to particular offerings made in connection with the Service (collectively, the "Terms and Conditions"). We reserve the right to update or change these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Any such changes shall be reflected in an updated version of the Terms and Conditions posted on this site. By continuing to use the Service following the posting of any such change, you will be deemed to have agreed to the amended version of the Terms and Conditions. Any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions by you may result in the termination of your account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Points you have accrued in the Service. BY REGISTERING TO USE THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, SO PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY.
Description of the Service
The Service is a program where registered users can accrue Points by engaging in certain activities and can redeem Points for certain offers ("Rewards"). Points accrued in the Service are non-transferable to other users or accounts and have no cash or monetary value. Some Rewards provided through the Service by way of auctions, sweepstakes, or trade-ins are promoted regionally or nationally to users of other rewards services. Rewards that are promoted and accessible only to users eligible to participate in this Service are noted as such by the display of the reward type 'L' on the page displaying the material terms for that sweepstake, auction or trade-in. Rewards promoted and accessible to users in multiple Services within this market or across multiple markets are noted as such by display of the reward type 'MM' on the page displaying the material terms for that sweepstake, auction or trade-in.
Unless otherwise specified in connection with particular offerings, participation in the Service is open only to natural persons who are 13 years of age or older. Employees or agents of WASH-FM, Triton Loyalty, and each of their respective affiliates, and immediate family members of or persons domiciled with any such persons are not eligible to participate.
Reservation of Rights
The Service and its benefits are offered at our discretion, and we have the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service, including the Points levels, in whole or in part for any reason, at our sole discretion. We may, among other things, withdraw, limit, modify or cancel any Reward; increase the Points required for any Reward; or modify or condition the transferability of Rewards or benefits. You agree that we will not be liable to you or any third-party for any modification or discontinuance of the Service, in whole or in part.
In consideration of your use of the Service, you agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form and to maintain and promptly update your personal data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if we or any of our service providers have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and to refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof) by you. You may not register with a disposable email address. Only one member account per person and two member accounts per household. If you are 13 years of age or under you cannot post information about yourself on the website or complete the registration process. You can, among other things, review your accumulated Points, review the Terms and Conditions as amended from time to time, and review redemption options at rewards.washfm.com .
You will receive a password and account designation upon completing the registration process. You agree to maintain the confidentiality of your password and account, and that you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and to exit from your account at the end of each session. We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these conditions. If for any reason your account is terminated by either you or us, all of your Points accrued will be forfeited.
To earn Points, you must undertake an activity described in a Service-authorized promotion for earning Points, which may include, but is not limited to: streaming media on a designated media player, completing certain surveys, visiting certain retail locations or Internet Web sites, registering for a designated product or service or engaging in other online activities for which Points will be awarded in connection with the Service. You also will be rewarded a percentage of the total Points that your primary referrals earn on their use of the Service. We expressly reserve the right to change the rate at which referred Points are credited and to limit the amount of referred Points credited to your account each week to an overall maximum number of Points that may be less than the number of member referred Points that would have been credit based on the current percentage being paid. We also expressly reserve the right to establish additional means of accruing Points, to delete any or all of the means currently in effect, to exclude specific types of transactions from the accumulation of Points or to specify periods after which unused Points will be forfeited. Points can be accrued only for activity actually taken and completed by you or by your primary referrals and can be applied only to your account. You may earn Points from only one computer or network access point at any given time; simultaneous activity on multiple computers for one account will not be credited. Streaming activity is further limited to one stream at a given time. You may accrue Points simultaneously for non-streaming activity, provided it is in accordance with the conditions regarding network access Points and multiple computers. Points posted to your account for transactions that are subsequently voided will reduce the Points accrued in your account by the number of Points earned for the corresponding voided transaction. We will use reasonable efforts to allocate earned Points to each user's account. However, you are responsible for ensuring that your Points are properly credited. If you believe that Points have been earned but not credited, or in cases where we deem verification is required, we reserve the right to require proof of accrual, including, but not limited to, copies or receipts or similar documentation verifying any transactions claimed to have been performed. We must receive any claims of Points by you and proof of accrual within three months after the date such Points are claimed to be earned. Points will be maintained in your account until they are redeemed for a Reward or for 6 months or are forfeited whichever occurs first. Each month, all Points that are more than 6 months old will be deleted from your account. All decisions regarding point balances, rewards, and forfeitures, and the identity of the individual accessing an account, are within our sole discretion.
You may redeem Points accrued in your account for Rewards, provided that your account is in good standing at the time of the redemption request. You may use your Points to submit Sweepstakes entries, each of which is subject to their own official rules available on the entry screen. You are required to be 18 years or older to bid in certain auctions, to be eligible for certain trade-ins or to submit certain Sweepstakes entries. Some Rewards provided through the Service by way of auctions, sweepstakes, or trade-ins are promoted regionally or nationally to users of other rewards services. Rewards that are promoted and accessible only to users eligible to participate in this Service are noted as such by the display of the reward type 'L' on the page displaying the material terms for that sweepstake, auction or trade-in. Rewards promoted and accessible regionally or nationally to users of this Service and other rewards services are noted as such by display of the reward type 'MM' on the page displaying the material terms for that sweepstake, auction or trade-in. In these cases, users of other rewards services in multiple cities will have the ability to participate in auctions, sweepstakes, and trade-ins available through the Service, which in turn may further limit the availability of the items offered to you through the Service. All active bids and sweepstakes entries will remain active and eligible for winning prize until the member is outbid or the sweepstakes entered closes. For these purposes, items will be deemed to be received on the date that you receive notice of an item being awarded in an auction or trade-in or a prize being awarded in a sweepstakes. Points earned in two or more different accounts may not be combined to redeem or bid for any Reward. Some Rewards have limited availability and all Rewards are subject to availability and other terms and conditions. Dependent upon availability, we may substitute Rewards of greater or equal value. In some cases, Rewards you select are sent to you directly by the merchant, who is solely responsible for the quality and performance of the goods supplied. Any rules of the merchants relating to returns and exchanges apply, but no Points will be re-credited to your account. You are responsible for taxes, if any, due on Points or Rewards. We reserve the right to modify or cancel any Reward offering at any time. Redeemed Rewards are not refundable, exchangeable, replaceable, redeemable, or transferable for cash, credit, other Rewards, or Points under any circumstances.
To play some of the games offered through the Rewards Service (including, but not limited to, scratch and win games, blackjack-style games, and slots-style games), you must submit the required number of Points, at which time the Points will be deducted from your account. The minimum number of Points required for a game play will be determined separately for each game, but typically range from 25 to 5000 Points . Once submitted, your game play cannot be deleted, canceled or modified, except by the Operator. In the event of a dispute as to game play submitted by multiple individuals using the same computer, an entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized registrant of the Rewards Service username and password from which the game play is made. The authorized registrant is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned a username and password, and all decisions regarding the identity of the authorized registrant shall be made by Operator in its sole discretion. You may also participate in games that require Points to play through an offline method. No Points are required for an offline play. To play a game offline, you must mail a 3" x 5" card to Triton Loyalty, 500 Chastain Center Blvd., Suite 595, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Limit one card per outer postmarked envelope. The card must include the following information in legible, hand-printed or typed English: your full legal name, complete home postal address, home telephone number with area code, the user name and email address you entered when you registered for the Service, your age, gender, [insert name of station and/or Rewards Service], and the name of the game you wish to play. Each offline submission will entitle you to the number of Points needed to play the game identified in your offline submission once. Operator will deposit that number of Points into your account, and then you can play the game by submitting those Points in the manner described above. Operator is not responsible for any incomplete, late, lost, misappropriated, illegible, damaged, postage-due or misdirected mail-in entries or game play requests, or for failure to receive online entries or game play requests due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning or unavailability of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Operator.
Gaming or Fraud
Gaming, fraud or abuse relating to the accrual of Points or redemption of Rewards may result in forfeiture of accrued Points as well as the termination of your account. You are solely responsible for any fraudulent use of your Points that could occur due to the theft of or sharing of your password. The Service is provided to individual users who are natural persons for their own personal use. Machines, scripts or automated services may not be used to access any part of the Service, accumulate any Points, or participate in any other aspect of the Service. IT WILL BE CONSIDERED FRAUDULENT AND A VIOLATION OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IF YOU ACCESS ANY OTHER REGISTERED USER'S ACCOUNT TO TAKE ANY ACTION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ENTERING CODES, TRIVIA ANSWERS, COMPLETING SURVEYS, OR REDEEMING Points FOR PRIZES AND AWARDS, EVEN IF THE OTHER REGISTERED USER IS A FAMILY MEMBER. IT WILL BE CONSIDERED FRAUDULENT AND A VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ANY MEMBER TO SHARE WITH OTHER MEMBERS CODE WORDS, TRIVIA ANSWERS OR OTHER INFORMATION THAT CAN BE REDEEMED FOR Points. IT IS CONSIDERED FRAUDULENT AND A VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ANY MEMBER TO REDEEM CODE WORDS, TRIVIA ANSWERS, OR OTHER INFORMATION THAT CAN BE REDEEMED FOR Points THAT WAS RECEIVED FROM OTHER MEMBERS. ANY MEMBER SHARING IN THIS MANNER OR REDEEMING INFORMATION SHARED IN THIS MANNER WILL HAVE THEIR ACCOUNT DELETED AND WILL NOT BE AWARDED ANY REWARDS. IT WILL ALSO BE CONSIDERED FRAUDULENT AND A VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ANY INDIVIDUAL OR COMPANY TO DIRECT, ENCOURAGE, OR ALLOW INDIVIDUALS TO USE A SINGLE ACCOUNT FOR THE PURPOSE OF ACCUMULATING Points FOR COMPANY USE. VIOLATIONS WILL BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW.
Limitation of Liability, Indemnity and Release
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), ARISING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES, OUR LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. BY USING THE SERVICE YOU AGREE THAT OUR TOTAL LIABILITY FOR ANY ACTION, CLAIM OR JUDGMENT, REGARDLESS OF THE NATURE OF THE CLAIM OR THEORY OF LIABILITY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO YOUR ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES INCURRED IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEY'S FEES. You accept all responsibility for, and hereby indemnify and hold us harmless from and against, any actions taken by any user authorized to use your account, including, but not limited to, accrual of Points, redemption of Points, and disclosure of passwords to third parties. We are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by data entry errors by us, website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the set up or processing of the service. We assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. We are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to participants or to any person's computer or data related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Web site. We are not responsible for cheating or fraud by any members. By using the Service, you release us, our subsidiaries, and affiliates from any and all liability regarding the redemption of Points, use of Rewards, or other participation in the Service.
Violation of the Terms
You understand and agree that in our sole discretion, and without prior notice, we may remove Points from your account as a penalty, terminate your access to the website or deactivate your membership account if we determine that you have violated our Terms and Conditions.
You agree to indemnify and hold us, our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim or demand, including reasonable attorney's fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the website, including, without limitation, any information or content you post to the site or any interference with the operation of the site.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any conflicts or choice of laws rules (whether of Georgia or any other jurisdiction). The invalidity or unenforceability of any provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable, these Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. The Service and its components, including all trademarks, trade names and logos, are the property of Triton Loyalty and/or its licensors, which reserves all rights to such property.
Privacy Statement for WASH-FM Rewards
WASH-FM and Triton Loyalty (collectively, 'us', 'we', 'Operators') have created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for the WASH-FM Rewards website ('Site').
GENERAL PRIVACY GUIDELINES
We use your Personal Information to provide you with the features, services, or goods you request and to respond to billing and/or other such questions related to the Operators or Site. We will also use your Personal Information to notify you about updates, new features, programming and activities on behalf of the Operators, Site, or our Advertisers that may be of interest to you. (We explain below in the next section what our policy is for the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information to Advertisers.)
We may also use your information for hiring, operational and business purposes, or to find out how we can improve our Site via surveys or online tracking mechanisms. We use aggregate Personal Information to help us to evaluate and modify existing services and features. We also use your Personal Information to develop new services and features that may be of interest to you.
We will not sell, exchange, rent, lease or otherwise disclose your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information to other third party marketers or any such persons that are not associated with the Operators as Advertisers unless it is necessary to: 1) conform to regulatory and legal requirements or to comply with legal process; 2) to protect the safety and security of our users, employees, or property; 3) to defend the rights of the Site or the Operators; or 4) to enforce the Terms and Conditions of the Site.
It is also necessary that we share your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information with our operational service providers, the specialists that provide internal support to the Operators operations and activities and/or for Site design, development, hosting and operations including maintenance, management, storage and/or fulfillment of our membership and e-mail clubs, various contests, sweepstakes, services, events and online stores. We use operational service providers to efficiently provide the full range of content, activities and membership services we bring to you and we request that our operational service providers also protect your privacy and not disclose your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information to third party marketers that are not associated with the Operators or website. Additionally, such providers are not to use your Personal Information for their own marketing or promotional purposes.
We reserve the right to collect Personal Information using any new technology yet to be developed and to use such technology to provide new services and features to you, as well as for marketing and promotional purposes. Specific information regarding your choice to Opt-in or to Opt-out to such use, or for sharing your Personal Information with Advertisers, will be provided once the new technology, service, or feature is introduced.
WEBSITE COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our Site's registration form requires users to give us contact information (like their first and last name, mailing address, phone number, and email address) and demographic information (like their zip code, age, or gender). We use customer contact information from the registration form to send the user information about the rewards service, and to notify and ship prizes to the winners of auctions, sweepstakes, or contests as well as mail checks for cash earned on purchases made through the rewards service. The customer's contact information is also used to contact the visitor when necessary. We give users the option to remove their information from our database, to not receive future communications, or to no longer receive our service, by submitting your request to Member Support. Demographic and profile data is also collected at our site. We use this data to tailor the visitor's experience at our site, showing them content that we think they might be interested in, and displaying the content according to their preferences. This information is shared with advertisers and other third parties on an aggregate basis.
Unless stated otherwise, we do not request contact information for a mobile phone, text messaging or any wireless device that includes a domain name address (such as ".net" or ".com") as part of the contact information. Federal law prohibits the sending of commercial email messages directly to a wireless device that uses a domain name, unless you have first given your affirmative consent. We may inadvertently collect a wireless device number that includes a domain name when you send us an inquiry or register for a contest or membership club. However, we will not knowingly use that contact information for sending commercial email. We reserve the right to respond to user inquiries or requests sent via a wireless device that uses a domain name as such messages are not deemed to be commercial email and therefore, are not regulated by Federal law. However, when "computer to phone" commercial emails are prohibited by law, we may reject your wireless device contact information when such information is submitted for certain Site features or services. We will attempt to notify you if we will need new contact information.
For specific purposes (such as the purchase of goods and services) we may request a type of confidential personally identifiable information which shall be called "Sensitive Personal Information" and is defined as any individual's: (1) social security number; (2) driver's license number or state identification card number; or (3) account number, credit or debit card number, in combination with any required security code, access code or password that would permit access to an individual's financial account. This Sensitive Personal Information will only be used to implement the specific activity or event it was submitted for. We will not share your Sensitive Personal Information with Advertisers.
However, more general Personal Information will be used to implement the specific activity or event and will also be used for the marketing of additional events, services and merchandising for this Site and the Operators.
If you sign up for an email newsletter or alert, we will use your email address to deliver the newsletter or alert requested. To opt-out of any newsletter or alert, click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or alert you received or go to Subscriptions and uncheck the box or boxes for the newsletters or alerts you wish to opt-out of.
DISCLOSURE TO ADVERTISERS
Advertising support allows us to offer, free of charge, many great activities and services to our users such as contests, sweepstakes and special events. Therefore, we may also use your Personal Information for the marketing of events, products or services of our generous Advertisers. There are two ways users may receive such information from Advertisers, either indirectly via newsletters, email or direct mail from the Site, or directly from the Advertiser. We may use one or both methods depending on the activity and the Advertiser.
Our opt-in program allows you the opportunity to request to be contacted with additional information, to receive special offers and/or to receive materials from Advertisers. If you elect to opt-in to receive information, materials or special offers from these third parties, you give the Operators permission to transfer your personal information to our partners so they can fulfill your request. We will only share your information with those Advertisers or category of Advertisers you specifically opt-in to. Our third party partners have separate privacy and data collection practices; the Operators have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies.
If you do not want your personal information shared with Advertisers, please select the option to not participate in our opt-in program.
You have the option of completing online surveys as a part of the rewards service. Among other things, our surveys ask for demographic information (like income level). The information collected through these surveys is used to tailor our visitors' experience at our site and may be shared with advertisers and other third parties on an aggregate basis.
Our Site also provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our Advertisers at the point where we request information about the visitor.
We give users the option to remove their information from our database, to not receive future communications, or to no longer receive our service, by submitting your request to Member Support.
We conduct the collection, management, maintenance and storage of website user information in a secure and commercially reasonable manner using acceptable industry standards of security technology and practices (such as electronic security systems and password protections) to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of Personal Information. We also request that our operational service providers take such precautions. The Operator databases are accessible only by authorized personnel.
However, please note that when users transmit Personal Information over an unsecured Internet connection, the Site is not responsible for the security of that information during the transmission stage as your email or registration could be copied or intercepted by unknown third parties. We use a secured connection only for the collection of Sensitive Personal Information, which is necessary for the purchase of goods or services, but we do not use a secured connection for other types of activities. Therefore, you understand, acknowledge, and agree that you transmit certain Personal Information over this Site at your own risk.
Although persons of all ages may visit our Site and participate in activities that do not require the collection of Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information, we do not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information from children under the age of 13. Except for the limited circumstances listed below, we will automatically reject and delete the registration or entry of any person we believe in good faith to be underage. Any false or fraudulent registration or entry from a minor will be deemed to be ineligible and will disqualify the minor from the receipt of a prize, benefit, or other participation.
Except to meet Federal Communications Commission ("FCC"), or other regulatory and legal purposes, we will not use, store, or disclose any child's Personal Information to a third party without prior parental consent.
This Site may have contests and prizes that could appeal to children. However, we do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal Information from children. If we unintentionally receive Personal Information from children under the age of 13 in relation to this activity, we will comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 ("COPPA") and reject and destroy such correspondence upon knowledge of such collection, except for the limited circumstances above. For more information about COPPA, please see the Federal Trade Commission's website: www.ftc.gov.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices you must send a request to the following address with a preference on how our response to your request should be sent (email or postal mail). You may contact us in two ways. Send email to Privacy Administrator at the email address listed in the Contact Us section below. Alternatively, you may contact the Operators at the physical address listed below in the Contact Us section of this privacy statement.
For requests sent via email, you must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in the subject field of your email. All requests sent via postal mail must be labeled "Your California Privacy Rights" on the envelope or post card and clearly stated on the actual request. For all requests, please include your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. (Your street address is optional if you wish to receive a response to your request via email. Please include your zip code for our own recordkeeping.) We will not accept requests via the telephone or by facsimile. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie or image tag is being sent, or efficient and enjoyable - like the features mentioned above - and some of our other services will not function properly.
ADVERTISING AND OTHER THIRD PARTY CONTENT
HYPER LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This Site often provides links to third party websites that could be of interest to our users, including the websites of our Advertisers. The Operators do not own or control these websites and therefore, are not responsible for the content, business practices, nor operations of such websites. Third party websites linked on this Site may have different privacy policies and business practices than we do. The presence of a link to a third party website does not constitute or imply our endorsement, recommendation, or sponsorship of the third party content, goods, or services available through, or contained on, the Site. By use of this Site, you have agreed that you will use the hyperlinks to third party sites at your own risk.
We give users the option to change and modify information previously provided, by visiting the "My Account" section of the website or by submitting your request to Member Support.
For communications related to Your California Privacy Rights, contact us at the address below. For requests sent via email, you must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in the subject field of your email.
attn: Your California Privacy Rights
500 Chastain Center Blvd.
Kennesaw, GA 30144
If you have any other questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this Site, or your dealings with this Site, you contact us at the address below. For requests sent via email, you must put the statement "Privacy" in the subject field of your email.
500 Chastain Center Blvd.
Kennesaw, GA 30144
This sweepstakes will begin on 2/25/2013 12:00 AM ET and all entries must be received by 3/29/2013 10:27 AM ET. You currently have 0 entries.
Contest Name: Win $7,000 from Cosmetic Plastics (the “Contest”)
Station: WASH-FM (the “Station”)
Station Address: 1801
Rockville Pike, 5th Floor,
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS
NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. This Contest is open only to individuals
("Entrants") who are legal residents of the 50
Clear Channel Broadcasting, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliated companies and divisions to include individual Stations, iHeartRadio and Clear Channel Media+ Entertainment (collectively, the “Company”), will conduct its promotional contests substantially as described in the official contest rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
The Company may from time to time conduct contests concurrently and simultaneously on several participating radio stations owned and not owned by the Company, and in various States, and the Company may add or remove participating stations or change call letters of any participating station at any time during a contest as announced on the affected station. Participating stations are listed above. For a list of participating stations and/or a copy of the official contest rules, please visit the office of the participating station during normal business hours or send your request to as instructed herein.
The Contest is administered by the Company and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the contest administrator. Entrant(s) acknowledges and understands that any information provided will be used for administering the Contest and in accordance with Clear Channel privacy practices found here. The Company together with any contest sponsor(s), promotional partner(s), administrator and third party prize fulfillment service are herein collectively referred to as the Contest Entities.
· Must be FCC acceptable, including no use of indecent or obscene material or language.
Content should not
infringe or violate any copyright, patent,
No defamatory or
libelous material or material which discloses
· No content or material that is illegal, contains nudity or is sexually explicit, or by law, obscene, profane or pornographic.
· No misrepresentation or disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies.
· No content which implies or portrays graphic violence excessive use of alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous.
· No content which is abusive or harassing towards any individual or group of individuals regarding race, sex, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any legally protected classification. Specifically this includes, but is not limited to, epithets or slurs (such as the “N” word), threats, intimidations, or hostile acts.
· No content communicating messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
· Must be socially acceptable and in good taste, as determined by the Station in the Station’s sole discretion.
· Cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
· Cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission.
The Company and sponsor reserve the right to reject any entry, in their sole discretion, based on the terms set forth herein as well as current broadcast standards and other programming and operating practices and policies established by the Company for airing advertising. The Company reserves the right to waive the Contest entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. ENTRIES POSTED TO THE WEBSITE WERE NOT EDITED BY THE COMPANY OR SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF THE COMPANY OR SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Company or Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. The Company reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, during or upon completion of the Contest Period, to request that any entrant resubmit his or her Entry which fails to comply with the Contest entry requirements prior to any judging or voting period.
By submitting an Entry you warrant and represent that the Entry is an original work, created solely by you (or by yourself and others who have each granted you authority to license the rights stated herein), and that the use of the Entry as licensed hereunder does not infringe on any third party’s intellectual property rights, including copyrights, trademarks or other proprietary or personal rights. You warrant and represent that the Entry does not contain defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, or threatening material. The user material submitted shall be that of your own and you control 100% of the rights to the publishing. The Entry shall be free and clear of any claims by any person whose performances, images or depictions are embodied in the work, or any person rendering services in connection with the work. The Entry shall not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license. The Station reserves the right to remove and Entry that it deems to be in violation of these Official Rules.
CONDITIONS ON PARTICIPATION:
By participating, you agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) as between you and the Station and the Contest Sponsor, that the decisions of the Station is final on all matters relating to the Contest; (c) you are not participating on behalf of any employer or third party; and (d) if you are granting rights to the entry submitted in the Contest and is a party to any third party agreement with a publishing company or any other third party, such agreement does interfere with the rights granted to the entry in this Contest and/or receipt of any of the prizes listed herein, nor will you (or you and others who have each granted you authority to license the rights stated herein) enter into an agreement with any entity that would grant or transfer any rights of your entry submitted herein.
By entering you are not required to transfer ownership over your entry to anyone. However, in consideration of the chance to win a prize hereunder, by submitting the Entry to us, you hereby grant to us a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-restrictive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, transmit, make available, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Entry (including any title of the Entry and your name and likeness) in connection with the Station and the Contest (and all places where some or all content from the Station’s website is available) and otherwise in connection with the Station’s and the Company's businesses, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Station, its website, or iheartradio.com (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels now known or hereinafter developed without time limitation. You also hereby grant each user of the Station’s website a non-exclusive license to access the Entry. If you do not want grant the rights as set forth herein, please do not participate in the Contest.
Additionally, you agree to grant to the Company all rights to use any Entry that you submit, and the image, likeness, voice, name and photographs in the Entry or otherwise submitted or provided by you in any publicity or advertising relating to the Entry or the Company and the Contest, without compensation or approval (except where prohibited by law) in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial, time or other limitations.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT CLAIMS:
If you think that any Entry infringes your intellectual property rights, click here if you wish to report it [link to DMCA takedown policy]
1. Description of Contest/Participation.
Dates of Contest: Contest will begin Monday, February 25th at 12:00AM Eastern Time and end on or about Friday, March 29th at 11:59am Eastern Time (“Contest Period”).
CERTAIN HEALTH REQUIREMENTS ARE NECESSARY TO BE A SURGICAL CANDIDATE. THE WINNER MUST BE PRE-APPROVED FOR THE SURGICAL PROCEDURE(S) BY THE SPONSORING PHYSICIAN(S), IN HIS/HER SOLE DISCRETION. THE PROCEDURE OR PROCEDURES PERFORMED WILL BE MADE BY THE PHYSICIAN, IN THE PHYSICIAN’S SOLE DISCRETION, BASED ON HIS/HER EXPERTISE AND EXPERIENCE.
How to Enter: Submit your entry by logging onto the Station’s website beginning February 25th, 2013 at 12:00am ET and follow the Contest links to register. DEADLINE FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION IS Friday, March 29, 2013 AT 11:59 AM ET. Valid contest entries must contain all information requested. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified. One entry per person per 24 hours per the contest period.
How to Win: On or about Friday, March 29th at 12 noon the station will select one (1) entry from all eligible entries received to win the prize.
Entries are subject to any applicable restrictions or eligibility requirements listed herein. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email or telephone phone number submitted at the time of entry and qualification. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. The Company is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties and other technological problems. Company is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, mutilated, postage-due or incomplete entries or mail. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account or mobile phone number, as applicable, enter the Contest and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account or mobile phone account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address or mobile phone number by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, telephone service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses, phone numbers or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by the website administrator for online entries. When applicable the website administrator’s computer will be deemed the official time keeping device for the Contest promotion. Entries must contain all information requested and must be received on or before the deadline for registration to be considered valid. Entries will be disqualified if found to be incomplete and/or if prohibited multiple entries are determined. A limit of one entry per day is allowed per individual and if applicable per e-mail address for the duration of the contest, unless otherwise specified above; and accordingly subsequent entries determined to be submitted from the same email address or from the same individual using multiple email addresses in violation of this rule will be declared ineligible. All Entries become the property of Company and will not be receipt acknowledged or returned. Company‘s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
NOTICE: If an entrant is unable to verify registration information the entrant will automatically be disqualified and their prize, if any, will be forfeited. The Company reserves at its sole discretion the right to choose an alternative qualifier or possible winner in the event that that a qualifier or possible winner has been disqualified or is deemed ineligible. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon placing of a phone call or sending of an e-mail or any other form of communication Station may use to contact the qualifier and/or a potential winner. The Company is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. The Station is not obligated to leave voice mail, answering machine or other message. The Contest Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a qualifier or potential winners or for any late, misdirected, or if the qualifier or potential winner is a minor, for late, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts of the entrant to provide signed parental or guardian consent. If the potential winner does not claim the prize within the appropriate time given upon notification or unless otherwise stated herein, the entrant will automatically be disqualified and their prize will be forfeited, no alternative prize will be substituted. All decisions of the Company and/or judges will be final. If any prizewinner and or qualifier are not available to participate, deemed ineligible or disqualified for any reason whatsoever as specified by the Contest Entities, in their sole discretion, the qualifier and or prizewinner privileges will be forfeited entirely and an alternative qualifier and or prizewinner may be selected from among the Eligible Entries received, as defined herein. By participating, you agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) as between you and the Company, that the decisions of the Company is final on all matters relating to the Contest; (c) you are not participating on behalf of any employer or third party; (d) in the event that you do not comply with the rules, then you will be disqualified; and (e) The potential winner and or qualifier must be available to participate when applicable in any portion to the contest that participation may be required to be considered eligible.
2. Prize(s). No more than the advertised number of prizes shall be awarded. A prize may not be sold, traded, or commissioned, and is not exchangeable, transferable, or redeemable for cash except in Company's sole discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change. There are no substitutions unless specified by the Company. Company is not the supplier or guarantor of any prize, unless otherwise specified. Prizing may be fulfilled by a third party fulfillment company. The Company and Released Parties are not in any way responsible or liable for damages resulting from shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prize awarded in this contest.The prize is awarded if properly claimed according to the Rules and if there are sufficient eligible entries. The Company does not make, and is not responsible in any manner for, any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to any prizes, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. All other costs and expenses related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of winner(s). If the winner is disqualified or is found to be ineligible for the contest, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award the prize, at its sole discretion. The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are:
The prize of: three (3) laser peels, one (1) year of skin care products by Jan Marini, sixty (60) units of Botox, and two (2) cc juvederm procedures at Cosmetic Plastics Associates, P.A, provided and decided upon by Cosmetic Plastics Associates, P.A., Dr. Dean Jabs & Dr. Frank Richards, after an evaluation of the winner’s current condition and overall health. Winner must complete a free consultation with one of the doctors to be deemed eligible for the Grand Prize. Certain health requirements are necessary to be a surgical candidate. The winner must have their physician’s written approval to participate in addition winner must be pre-approved for the surgical procedure(s) by Dr. Jabs or Richards, in their sole discretion
Grand prize procedure is valued up to $7,000. If winner is a suitable patient for the procedure as determined by Dr. Jabs or Richards, winner may elect at their sole discretion to receive the doctor recommended procedure valued up to $7,000. Actual prize value may vary depending on procedures selected by the physician and winner. Value of prize covers the facility fee, surgeon’s fee and cost of the procedure. Any care needed after the date of surgery will be charged at the usual and customary fees at the expense of the patient. Prize provided by Cosmetic Plastics Associates, P.A.. All pre-operative or post-operative medications prescribed, x-ray fees or laboratory testing fees are sole responsibility of each winner. All transportation to and from surgical procedures and all procedure follow-up is responsibility of each winner. If for any reason the physician does not feel a winner should have a surgical procedure the winner will receive a pair of concert tickets to an upcoming concert as determined by the station and must forfeit the remainder of the prize package. Estimated out of pocket expenses are expected to be $0, the actual amount will vary, depending on the nature of procedures to be done.
The winner must be available to undergo the procedure within 90 days of winning or as required by Dr. Jabs and Richards. The winner will forfeit the prize unless he or she: (1) responds within seven (7) days to notification (or attempted notification) from Station that he or she has been selected as the winner, (2) satisfies all requirements of these Rules, and (3) follows the advice, recommendations, and instructions of Dr. Jabs and Richards pertaining in any way to the procedure.
Conditions and restrictions may apply. All applicable taxes (including, but not limited to all local, state and federal taxes) on all respective prizes awarded, upgrades and any other expense(s) not specifically identified in these Official Rules as included in a prize are the sole responsibility of each winner. The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize, except in the Company’s sole discretion. All prizes must be redeemed within 30 days of the contest end date unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules or upon notification, or unless required as in date specific prizes. Certain prizes are date specific (i.e. concerts, trips) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. If the winner is not available on the specified dates, winner will be disqualified and the Company reserves the right to choose an alternative prize winner. For certain prizes which are date specific such as event or concert tickets, the Company is not responsible for the cancellation or rescheduling of any event and no substitution or compensation shall be awarded. Company reserves the right to not award the prize associated with that canceled event or concert, without any payment or obligation to the winner or potential winner. Any provided tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions specified thereon. Location of seats and tickets are in Company’s sole discretion or may be predetermined as supplied by the Sponsor. The Company reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, with another prize (or prize component) of equal or greater value or alternatively may substitute such prize with a comparable prize (or prize component) of like per the Company’s discretion, if for any reason a prize, or any portion thereof, as described herein should become unavailable. Any prize substitution shall be at the sole discretion of the Company and or Sponsor(s). When applicable prizes involving personal appearances of artists or celebrities are subject to artist/celebrity’s schedule. If, after a prize has been selected and ticketing has been completed, artist/celebrity is unable to appear, such portions of the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor and/or the Company shall have no further obligation to winner. Winner(s) must present state authorized identification prior to being awarded the prize. Winner may be required to present a copy of a valid social security card and valid identification as a condition of participating or receiving any prize when winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual value of all prizes won. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. If actual value of the prize is less than the stated ARV, or the winner and/or if applicable, his/her guest(s) and/or eligible travel companion(s) forfeit, do not use, or are determined ineligible for any portion of the prize, the winner will not receive the difference between the actual and approximate retail value, and such difference will be forfeited. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Unless otherwise stated herein above, participants and winner(s) must be at least 18-years old, as of the date of entry and prize award and is a legal resident of the 50 U.S. or D.C. Participants and winners must reside within the participating Station’s Total Market Area (TMA) as determined by the Station or otherwise defined by Arbitron. Commonly the TMA represents the total overall comprehensive listening market audience within a geographic area encompassing all industry defined media market areas. In the event a participant must be at least 18 years old but are not the age of majority in their state of residence, then whichever is older, shall determine the minimum age requirement for eligibility of the entrant, when applicable. If entries include minors, a parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Unless otherwise stated herein, only one (1) entry per person and only one (1) prize per household for any thirty (30) day period. The potential prize winner and, if the potential prize winner is under the age of the majority in their state of residence (which is eighteen (18) in most states but is nineteen (19) in Alabama and Nebraska and twenty-one (21) in Mississippi), the potential prize winner's parent or guardian, may (in Company’s sole discretion) be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility and any other form necessary to verify eligibility, along with the required releases within twenty four (24) hours after the first (1st) delivery attempt to entrants e-mail address in order for the potential prize winner to be qualified for the prize, unless otherwise stated herein or at the time of notification. The potential prize winner's failure to return all required forms within this time period may result in the potential winner being disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Notwithstanding the determined age requirement set forth above, it is strictly prohibited for anyone who does not meet the age requirement at the time of entry to be allowed to participate in the contest and no one under the age of thirteen (13) shall be permitted to enter any Contests at any time, under any circumstances. Affiliates, and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, successors or agents of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
5. Voting Contests. If the Contest involves listener participation by voting for a Contest participant on the station’s website then the voting is limited to one vote per person. If a contestant receives multiple and/or irregular votes from the same user or users, regardless of the source, the Station reserves the right to disqualify the Contestant its sole discretion. By participating in the voting portion of any contest, each voting participant agrees to be bound by the official contest rules. Voting is limited to one vote per person/verified email address. If an entrant receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, the Station reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion. If the contest includes the use of an internet tool and the internet voting process fails to operate properly or appears to be tampered with or tainted with errors, fraud or unfair practices, the Company reserves the right to use another means to determine the winner(s), i.e. random selection or appointing a panel of judges. All decisions of the judges are final.
7. Consumer Created Content. If the entry for the contest includes any creative material from the participant, including but not limited to, consumer created content, by submitting your entry: (1) you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place the company or contest sponsors under any fiduciary or other obligation, that the company is free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you; (2) you acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, the company and contest sponsors do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to sponsor, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you; (3) you are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third party ownership rights exist to any material submitted, and (4) you are hereby granting the company and the station a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote such content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose. BY SUBMITTING ANY CONTENT, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER CONTENT MAY BE POSTED ON COMPANY’S WEBSITE, IN COMPANY’S DISCRETION. Content: (a) must comply with these Official Rules and any Terms of Service on the Station website; (b) must be uploaded through the in format specified and must comply with the posting requirements set forth above and as posted on the Station website; (c) cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
content cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (d) cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (e) cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Company or its products, or other people, products or companies; (f) cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; (g) cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission; Company does not permit the infringement of others’ rights and any use of materials not original to the entrant (except copyrighted materials owned by Company) is grounds for disqualification from the Contest. Do not copy your favorite movie, book or photo or include materials, images, graphics, music or trademarks belonging to any third parties or incorporate the names, voices, likeness or personas of any party other than yourself unless you have obtained all rights necessary to permit you to use same in connection with your content and grant the rights herein granted to Company; (h) no background artwork should appear in an content unless it is an original work of the entrant. Any artwork, murals, etc. that can be seen in the content must be created solely by the entrant or entrant must be the sole owner of all copyright interests therein; (i) cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; (j) cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Company wishes to associate; and (k) cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law. CONSUMER CREATED CONTENT POSTED TO THE WEBSITE WERE NOT EDITED BY COMPANY AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF COMPANY IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Company does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. Company reserves the right to waive the Contest entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. Company reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, during or upon completion of the Contest Period, to request that any entrant resubmit his or her entry which fails to comply with the Contest entry requirements prior to any judging or voting period. By submitting content you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has not won previous awards, (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (e) that you have obtained permission from a person who's name, likeness or voice is used in the content and (f) and that publication of the content via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party rights. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Company, its Stations, and agents from any claims to the contrary. Any entrant whose work includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Company’s use of such content, in a form satisfactory to Company, upon request, prior to award of prize and/or naming of entrant as a winner. By accepting a prize, the winner agrees that his or her content will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the winner irrevocably assigns and transfers to Company all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her video, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Winner hereby waives in favor of Company, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that winner may now or later have to their content. Company reserves the right to alter, change or modify the winning content, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Company, winner shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Company, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the content and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Official Rules. Should Company fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Company’s rights and Company may at a later time request the assignment.
8. Releases and Conditions. As a condition of participating in the Contest, participants agree and acknowledge that in order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company and agree to the terms herein, including but not limited to the prize conditions in this paragraph. The prize is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified herein. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors, prize provider(s), any applicable third party fulfillment service, and each of their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the award, receipt and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto. Winner and if applicable, winner’s guest must comply with all rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize in its entirety. The prize elements will be awarded as described herein (subject to legal restrictions, etc). By accepting the prize, Prize Winner must agree to the prize conditions on participation and must sign a release to be eligible to receive a prize and hereby agrees that: (i) that all decisions of the Company, judges, and Contest Entities with respect to the Contest are final and binding; (ii) to release the Company, any participating Station, and when applicable the Contest’s sponsor(s), prize provider(s), third party fulfillment service, and each of their respective parent companies and affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, and licensees from any and all claims in connection with the Contest and the award or use of the prizes; (iii) to allow the Company and sponsors to use their names, voices, photographs, likenesses, biographical material, in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, without additional financial or other compensation; and (iv) where allowed by law, sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. The Contest Entities are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Contest Entities’ sole control. All taxes, related fees, other costs and expenses related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of prizewinner. The Company, Sponsor, and Station does not make, and is not responsible in any manner for, any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to any prizes, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. The Company will have no further obligation to winner.
9. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are not specifically provided for in the official rules, regardless of whether prize is used in whole or in part. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
10. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim the Prize, the winner may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for the Prize. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant's sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. Any reference in these Official Rules or as part of the Contest to The Company’s, Station’s and/or Sponsor's "discretion" and/or any exercise of discretion by Sponsor, Station or the Company shall mean in Company’s, Station’s and/or Sponsor's "sole and unfettered discretion." Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Company reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Company further reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare any Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest; (ii) cancel, terminate or modify the contest if, in the sole discretion of the Company, it is impossible or impractical to complete the contest as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort ; (iii) alter or amend these Contest rules at any time; and (iv) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical.
11. Miscellaneous. Void outside the United States, and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Station reserves the right to determine eligibility should special circumstances arise, all decisions are considered final and binding. These rules are designed to be fair and equal to all participants. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period from all participating stations. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules, or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the participating Station during normal business hours or visit the Station’s website. As a condition of participating in the Contest, participants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon entrant’s fulfillment of all requirements set forth herein.
12. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. The Company and participating Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by applicable local and state law.